Hadas Pade, PsyD
September 11, 2017 - March 18, 2018
The required text for this course is:
Butcher & Mineka & Hooley. Abnormal Psychology: 16th Edition
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of abnormal psychology.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic terminology, concepts, and schools of thought in the field of abnormal psychology.
3. Demonstrate a basic understanding of the classification of mental disorders through DSM 5
4. Express an awareness of and tolerance for the complexity and diversity of the human species.
5. Demonstrate a degree of self-understanding by examining the explanations of behavior, motivation, and mental health issues.